A place where you are free to read and discuss issues affecting the Facebook community, without fear of censorship, shadow-banning or fact-checking. You will also find helpful tips on using Facebook.
Your participation and comments are appreciated.
- Facebook and DeathI recently posted invites to a garage sale. I created an event in Facebook which eventually presented an opportunity to designate who will receive the invite. Amongst the list of friends I counted seven that I knew had been deceased.
- Facebook and The Forensics of Phantom BuyersIn April this year I wrote an article on what I call “phantom buyers”, these pretend accounts on Facebook that exploit security vulnerabilities in Facebook’s Marketplace. I have been heavily engaged in Facebook’s Marketplace for the past few months because we are preparing to move back to Missouri. So I have been quite intrigued by the frequent encounters with “phantom buyer
- Robert F Kennedy, Jr. Presidential Campaign Banned from Instagram?Social media platforms better take care when it comes to politics. “Community Standards” can just become another name for “Censorship,” but when it comes to interfering with the political process it is purely a power play, an attempt to control what and who the public can see. Even Robert F. Kennedy is not excluded.
- What is Behind Shadowbanning?But there is another angle to this issue. An interesting inside look into the competition between social media platforms was reported in Substack.
- Wired to Fight — Daily Wire faces FacebookDaily Wire claims to be victim of Big Tech censorship, amongst other difficulties.
- Facebook Marketplace — Beware of Phantom BuyersEach new innovation in IT technology brings with it risks and dangers. Facebook Marketplace is no exception. An innovative way to buy and sell, it can put your personal safety at risk and it can open you up to “phantom buyers.”
- Facebook Phishing — Have You Been Hooked?It happens to every Facebook member. A message appears with a link to a website. You click it, it looks like Facebook, it feels like Facebook. You enter your login ID and password and you have just fallen victim to Facebook phishing.
- Why The Facebook Safe SpaceWhy form a website to discuss Facebook? Why not discuss issues on Facebook itself?
- Facebook — Impersonated AccountsAs a Facebook user, probably the most frequent scam I encounter are impersonated accounts.
- Facebook — A Sickening FeelingThe news of government collusion with Facebook is not surprising, but still disappointing. What is your response?
- Facebook – What Say You?The case of Alaska Watchman being punished by Facebook for dispensing “misinformation.” They are in good company.
- Fake News UpdateYou, and no one else, are the best protection against fake news. Educate yourself.
- Solution to Fake NewsA continuation of an earlier discussion on Fake News. How is the best way to identify it and to fight it?